It’s basically the Midas touch in a spray can!
Spray painting has become somewhat of a trend in home remodeling. So if you’re wanting to spruce up your home on a budget, why not give it a go? You can easily turn trash to treasure with just a spray can and little bit of effort. Sounds like fun doesn’t it?
Here are 17 brilliant spray paint ideas that can make your stuff look more expensive, without breaking the bank.
1. Modernize cheap terra cotta pots by spraying two coats of Krylon metallic spray paint.
2. Turn former diced-tomato cans into a gorgeous copper tin can planters.
3. Grab old pottery from thrift stores and give them that much-needed makeover with spray paint.
4. Cut out a “hello” stencil and spray paint it onto your door mat/rug. Have fun and experiment with your own color and style.
5. Pick out a branch from your back yard and give it a couple coatings of metallic copper spray paint. Then place it in a tall glass vase.
6. Remodel your bathroom by giving your faucet a face lift.
Get the full tutorial here.
7. Splash Your Candelabra with A Lemony Color. It is the perfect shade of dark butter yellow.
8. Grab these vases for less than a tenner and turn them into stunning copper-dipped vases.
To learn how to make these, visit homeyohmy.com.
10. The contrast of the high gloss shellacked paint next to the matte terra-cotta is amazing!
Find how to make a color-block terracotta pot at witandwhistle.com.
11. Upgrade your boring brass light fixtures for less than $5. Full tutorial here.
12. Spray paint old brass door knobs. Get the full tutorial on how to spray paint door knobs here.
13. Add a splash of colors to liven up your backyard or garden.
14. Use spray paint to update a vintage fan and bring an old-school (yet trendy) look to your home or office.
15. Transform an old glass container into a beautiful piece using gold spray paint.
Find out how to spruce up an old glass container or vase into a golden masterpiece here.